COMMUNITY AND ENVIRONMENT
At Corporación Quiport we understand that Corporate Social Responsibility involves all areas of the company, therefore we have incorporated it as a core part of all levels of management and as part of our mission, vision and objectives. In this way we can make an important contribution to the wellbeing of our team members and the development of the populated areas surrounding the airport, and also protect the ecosystems within the area of our concession.
Taking care of the environment and a high level of social commitment are standards of compliance which are very important to Corporación Quiport. Since 2006 we have implemented programs geared towards developing our activity responsibly and sustainable.
All Quito Airport commercial operators, contractors and subcontractors promote activities related to environmental issues, occupational health, industrial safety and social responsibility; according to the Sustainability Policy of Corporación Quiport S.A.
Public Consultation and Participation Plan
• Involve the community in matters relating to the operation of the Airport by means of providing constant information.
• Gather opinions, suggestions and observations from the community.
• Information bank containing occupational profiles of persons resident in populated areas surrounding the airport.
• Strengthen the Airport as a generator of employment in its area of influence.
• Available to all companies and institutions that operate at or provide services to the Airport.
School Scholarship Program
• Benefits groups of students who are vulnerable or with limited means, belonging to educational establishments within the Airport’s area of influence.
• 63 children and teenagers are part of this program.
Formation of Community Enterprises
• Support small community enterprises by providing training and advice.
• There are two companies in operation: Pimienta Gourmet (food services) and Grepcomaco (cleaning and maintenance).
• Talks on Corporate Social Responsibility and Responsible Consumption.
• Talks to share the Waste Management Plan.
• Campaign for the Prevention of Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
• Training in basic conversational English.
Our Vegetable Garden
• Airport employees participate in the purchase of local products through the community market system.
• Training given to suppliers in a range of areas.
Carbon Footprint Accreditation at Level 1 – Mapping
• Certification awarded by Airports Council International and recognized by the World Bank, the International Civil Aviation Organization and the United States Federal Aviation Administration.
• Next levels: reduction of emissions, optimization by involving all operators at the airport and, lastly, carbon neutrality.
Environmental Education Program
Monitoring air quality and noise levels
Monitoring flora and fauna
Evaluation of students on our Basic Conversational English courses
Guided visits to Mariscal Sucre Airport
Visits to educational institutions by professionals to share their professional experience working at the Airport.
Desarrollado por PlusProjects